Mid-level industry position
Requisition ID: 99579BRHours: The team works 2 different rotating shifts, so flexibility is strongly preferred (1st shift: 8:30am-5pm / 2nd shift: 3:30pm-12am)When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.Location:How will you make an impact?Responsible for performing formulation, scale up and other manufacturing related assignments and participates in maintaining the equipment in the PPT area, while at the same time ensures that compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) guidelines are met. In addition, the incumbent provides support as required within the scope of their function.
What will you do?
- Performs manufacturing activities including set-up, run and clean of equipments and rooms.
- Performs formulation, scale up and other manufacturing (Developmental & Good Manufacturing Practices) related assignments and documents them appropriately.
- Technical troubleshooting of equipment and processes.
- Participates in the maintenance of manufacturing and laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Participates in training of equipments.
- Participates in inter departmental co-ordination for documentation and equipment related tasks.
- Other duties as required.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Pharmaceutics, Engineering, or Chemistry; equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- 2+ years of pharmaceutical formulation experience or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of equipment, formulations and processes.
- Able to perform job requirements while wearing PPE (Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR), Tyvek suit and double gloves).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines.
- Computer proficient.
- Able to execute own work which is typically planned by others.
- Communicates and co-operates with others to meet project and team objectives.
- In this role, it is essential to perform shift work.
- Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect & Excellence.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- Regularly lifts medium weight objects by hand.
- May require recurring bending, crouching, stretching, or reaching.
- The position will occasionally require the lifting of items up to 50 lbs. in weight and the moving of heavy equipment, usually with the assistance of another person.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor lab and office area.
- There is limited exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or strong drafts.
- Occasionally required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed.
- Regular to frequent exposure to loud noises (e.g., compressed air when drying equipment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).