Executive / senior industry position
Senior Analyst, Forecasting and Product Management
Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
The Senior Analyst, Forecasting and Product Management will report to the Associate Director, Portfolio Management and will contribute to the success of Apotex by managing the demand forecasting of future products as well as launch execution.
This role requires a well-developed level of expertise in product forecasting & analysis to ensure cohesion between the Sales plan & Production plans, provide strategic and tactical analytic support, as well as recommend and drive decisions to maximize product optimization and profitability. This is accomplished by working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Create, maintain and communicate to the organization, New product forecasts as required. Review and analyze market data using both external and internal data sources to assist in the identification and interpretation of key industry trends and findings.
- Work closely with Sales Management to maintain up-to-date knowledge of product listings by customer, build consensus pre-launch market share assumptions and create related forecast/demand scenarios to influence production plans, customer allocation and to support product profitability.
- Provide detailed, product-level analytical support to Commercial Finance & Marketing teams, as key inputs of the annual Sales Planning process.
- Play a key role to support Associate Director, Portfolio Management to deliver on all Integrated Business Planning (IBP) mandates including active involvement and contribution of required data & analysis, in support of monthly Product Management reviews.
- Liaise with cross-functional groups (Marketing & Commercial Ops, Pricing, Promotions, Commercial Finance, GSO, GIP, Regulatory Affairs, NPL, Sales) to both maintain up-to-date market assumptions, (e.g. Provincial coverage, Apotex/competitor supply status, legal & competitive landscape) and provide feedback of Commercial requirements related to Launch and Forecast changes, to the business.
- Create customer-specific demand forecasts as required.
- Develop and maintain departmental Demand management tools (e.g.: Forecast data cube, Discontinuations tracking, Pre/Post Launch Forecast template, Product Performance dashboards) as well as Forecast methodology to ensure continuous accuracy improvement.
- Perform analyses at the portfolio, family, molecule and/or sku level to formulate recommendations in support of product viability, sku rationalization, product optimization and profitability, etc.
- Provide in-market quantity estimates pertaining to all potential recalls on an urgent, as-needed basis.
- Execution of launch related activities and the communication of timely product & launch related assumptions to Commercial groups (Pricing, Promotions) and other internal partners to ensure team alignment and launch readiness.
- Perform ad hoc analysis for executive management and other departments as required
- Guide new analysts on current methodologies and best practices, share new analytical techniques.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Product management experience is required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health Science
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge and experience is preferred
- Detail orientation and strong analytical skills are a must
- Knowledge of a sales organization’s business processes
- Strong computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Access in particular)
- Knowledge of SAP R/3 SD and BW modules
- Ability to make effective decisions in a timely manner
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Process driven, excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong command skills to support forecasting “watchdog” role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to internal and external customers
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.