Researcher / analyst
Amazing student experiences, state-of-the-art facilities, and opportunities to make your place in the world.UPEI continues to excel in student enrolment, research, and faculty awards.Research Coordinator - Department of Applied Human Sciences - Faculty of Science (Grant Funded)Competition Number:Position:Term:
As soon as possible until August 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Active Living Lab in the Department of Applied Human Sciences invites applications from qualified individuals for the position of Research Coordinator. Working collaboratively with the Co-Investigators, the Research Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating several projects related to sedentary behaviour, physical activity and health in children and adults. This work will include systematic reviews, in-person data collection, and development of future research projects.
- Assist with systematic reviews, including article screening and data extraction
- Assist with data collection on projects related to sedentary behaviour and physical activity in children and adults
- Work with co-investigators and stakeholders to develop future research projects
- Assist in the preparation of ethics applications; funding proposals; abstracts and conference posters/presentations; development and writing of peer-reviewed literature; and other duties as required
- A university degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a health-related field (e.g., kinesiology, nutrition, physiotherapy, health promotion, nursing, social work, etc.), preferably with courses and/or experience in research data collection
- Works highly independently and can follow detailed protocols with minimal supervision
- Excellent ability to plan, coordinate and establish work priorities
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; comfortable using an online system to coordinate and implement a research project
- Must have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain a successful police background/criminal-record check
- French language skills are an asset
- Experience performing systematic reviews is an asset
- Experience as a personal trainer/group fitness instructor is an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.