Mid-level industry position
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means creating a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to contribute to achieving our goal to develop and deliver life-changing medicines.
PositionType: Permanent, Full time
Career Level: D
As a member of the Global Commercial Operations (GCO)’s Production Team, you will report to the GCO Regional Production Leader. Working directly with local brand teams, you are accountable for the delivery of production services/projects. As the point of contact for brand teams, Digital Excellence team and creative agencies, you understand the business and customer experience goals creating positive relationships internally and externally while ensuring the successful and timely delivery of projects.
- Ensure quality of product and special attention to detail through the production process, proofing to ensure accuracy and ensuring timely delivery.
- Be proactive and use strong project management skills in all aspects of production, including clear communication, prioritization and critical thinking.
- Partner effectively with internal teams such as Marketing and Digital Excellence to improve work efficiency and clarify responsibilities.
- Accountable for identifying and understanding local market content trends and ensure global content/campaigns meet the needs of the marketing companies.
- Works with their respective market to ensure all necessary communications and change management activities are delivered to the region and/or local marketing company for new content solutions.
- Identifies potential new production capabilities to support operational/value expansion and proactively shares them with GCO colleagues and leadership.
- Review reporting and utilization metrics to communicate overall adoption of GCO production. Where there are gaps, work with GCO Leadership and Global Production Leadership to find opportunities for improvement to increase efficiency.
- Possesses strong business knowledge and understanding of global business services and corresponding business requirements. Must be able to assess complex process and system interdependencies and devise appropriate change management approaches in order to realize and sustain benefits of improved production capabilities.
- GCO services are delivered through multiple outsourced partners in conjunction with AZ dedicated resources. This role demands an understanding of supplier infrastructure to ensure continuous value optimisation for AstraZeneca. It also requires a continuous review of demand and capabilities that our partners need to provide to make sure they are aligned to the market’s needs.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and application of all relevant policies, procedures and operational frameworks. Ensures GCO direct and indirect reports follow all appropriate AZ Code of Conduct policies and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation and negotiating skills
- Strong oral and written fluency in Business English
- Able to work cross functionally with high level of commitment and follow through
- Financial performance accountability
- Enjoys driving innovation and continuous improvement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) as well as BOX, MS Teams and One Note
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.