Assistant professor / lecturer
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry - Department of Oncology
|Competition No. -|
|Will remain open until filled.|
This posting will be used to fill TWO (2) temporary positions, both with an approximate end date of 5 months from the date of hire.
Reporting to the Director of the Radiation Therapy Degree program, each Radiation Therapist Faculty Educator fosters a high-quality environment of teaching and learning, research, and intellectual achievement. The incumbents will facilitate a holistic academic and clinical experience for learners. The successful candidates will be educators and learners with significant knowledge and skills in radiation therapy practice who contribute to an inter-professional and collaborative learning environment.
The Radiation Therapist Faculty Educator job description is 100% teaching with additional administration duties as required.
- Develops and implements learner-centered learning activities and assessment strategies for courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Designs and delivers courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Collaborates with all Faculty Educators in the development of academic and clinical course curricula
- Coordinates clinical placement rosters and facilitates clinical learning activities for the undergraduate and graduate level
- Provides mentorship and program advising to learners at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Creates an intellectual environment that teaches critical thinking and inquiry-based learning
- Evaluate learners’ performance at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Provides individual support and facilitate opportunities for learners to correlate theoretical knowledge, develop clinical skills and clinical reasoning and to attain competency
- Maintains competence and actively engage in activities that promote professional growth
- Minimum Baccalaureate degree in health related field required; Masters degree or PhD in a related field an asset
- Current ACMDTT and CAMRT full-practice member registration (registration with ACMDTT and CAMRT must be maintained annually)
- Minimum five years of clinical Radiation Therapy practice experience
- Experience in teaching and facilitating learning for undergraduate and graduate learners
- Knowledge and experience in assessing learners against the ACMDTT and CAMRT competency profiles
- Outstanding collaborative and inter-professional team leading skills
- Experience in working as a team on research for teaching and learning
- Graduate of a Canadian accredited education program in Radiation Therapy or equivalent
- Experience in all Radiation Therapy practice domains is an asset
- Maintenance of CPR Healthcare provider certification and N-95 fit testing
Salary will be commensurate with experience in accordance with the Academic Teaching Staff agreement (ATS).
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.