Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
This position is within the Care Solutions business segment and has responsibility at the Milton plant process engineering department which is a multi-user site mainly focused on the practice of cyanoethylation, hydrogenation, alkoxylation and quaternization based process technologies. This position will support both the Janesville and Milton sites as well as regional support within Care Solutions. With regional support, this position will require travel based on where the support is needed.
This position is responsible for providing process engineering support to plant processes. This position’s primary responsibilities are to support business growth and improve plant productivity through the OPTECH processes such as asset preservation, growth, expansion, cost reduction, introduction of new products and safety initiatives for both near term and long term planning. The position will utilize technical skills in troubleshooting efforts and general plant support of production processes and delivery systems of highly hazardous chemicals.
This position will provide process engineering expertise in support of the elements of OSHA PSM (MOC’s, PHA’s, PSSR’s, P&ID’s, PSI, etc.) and is a key member of incident investigations and leads RCA for investigations for multiple sites when needed. Completes assigned action items related to safety and quality. This position will support both expense and capital based projects at the site, from conceptual design, through basic engineering and construction providing detailed scope of works containing equipment and safety device (PSV or RD) sizing and specifications, materials of construction, control strategies, P&ID’s, procedures, commission and startup new equipment and provides technical risk assessments.
Position will provide mentoring to less experienced engineers as necessary and maintain a strong understanding of local, state and federal governing (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, BPVC, WI DNR) standards, codes and specifications.
- Business growth and plant productivity
- Identify, develop and execute plant productivity projects to drive continual improvements in the areas of growth, expansion, rationalization, production capacity and cost reduction to meet business and OPTECH initiatives and targets.
- Support monthly OPTECH meetings to communicate updates to key stakeholders and provide resource requirements for projects.
- Understand site capacity constraints and identify projects to streamline and remove bottlenecks to increase productivity.
- Support Evonik improvements such as OLEO2020.
- Project Support
- Generate detailed scope of work documents for CAPEX and plant expense based projects that include equipment and safety device sizing and specifications, piping design, materials of construction, control strategies and safety circuits and procedures.
- Support projects from conceptual design, through basic engineering and construction phases.
- Ensure projects are implemented safely, commission new equipment and provide startup support.
- Support locally and regionally as needed.
- Trained in Evonik PM / PR procedures and ensure BTD’s are followed related to capital investments.
- Plant Support
- Provide technical direction to operators and maintenance as well as others as necessary.
- Create and review procedures for the plant as needed.
- Supports the maintenance department with engineering and LOTO
- New Product Introductions
- Support appropriate technical transfer documentation creation, training plant staff and provide technical direction.
- Evaluate and prepare plant asset to receive new technology.
- Provide engineering support for trial manufacturing runs.
- Provide environmental emissions in support of new products.
- Support key elements of OSHA PSM elements and ensure compliance.
- Ensure MOC’s are entered for plant changes, systems are updated, and MOC’s are closed accurately.
- Lead and participate in HAZID and HAZOP reviews for plant changes and projects.
- Participate in plant PHA revalidations and complete assigned action items and ensure plant files remain evergreen.
- Support internal and external compliance audits.
- Ensure PSI remains up to date for equipment.
- Review and complete assigned action items (Incidents, COPA’s, TAN’s), document changes using the correct systems, and communicate to site personnel.
- Ensure compliance and follow all company environmental and safety practices and procedures as well as accordance with Local, State and Federal Regulations.
- Supports quality investigations and initiatives as necessary.
- Proficient in leading and executing process hazard analysis (PHA) and HAZIDs/HAZOPs
- Experience with OSHA CFR 1910.119 PSM and EPA RMP regulations and compliance.
- Equipment design, sizing and specification.
- Relief system design, sizing and specification.
- DCS control system knowledge or experience.
- Understanding the hazards highly hazardous chemicals such as ethylene/propylene oxide, acrylonitrile, methyl chloride, DMS, DES, Benzyl Chloride, DMAPA, GAA and NH3.
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Six Sigma and Total Plant/Process Management training and experience a plus.
- SAP knowledge and understanding.
- Comfort working in a plant environment and on teams comprised of operations, maintenance, engineering, quality, safety, and planning and working directly on the plant floor.
- Perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to work independently with a high level of initiative and self-starting skills.
- Ability to apply fundamental engineering and business principles.
- Capable of handling a heavy workload, establishing priorities and adjusting priorities as dictated by site and business needs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate to site personnel and key stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience with Aspen Plus or other simulation software.
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 125160
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.