Practitioner / consultant
Expires: August 4th, 2020
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The Metis Economic Development Organization (MEDO) seeks to hire one part-time Pharmacist position located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. A service and results orientated approach is required to ensure that our customer needs are met in a timely, responsive and professional manner. This position will work up to 40 hours bi-weekly, with normal operating hours being between Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm.
- Perform technical requirements and prescription entry into computer system;
- Create an organized environment and perform work in a timely manner;
- Ensure pharmacy cleanliness is maintained;
- Provide counselling and suggestions to customers on medications;
- Consult with physicians regarding prescription refill requests and related questions;
- Supervise pharmacy technicians and clerks;
- Keep inventory levels under control;
- Protect confidentiality of accessible health information;
- Inspect fridge temperatures daily.
- Previous retail pharmacy experience;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- High level of professionalism, energy and enthusiasm;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment including interacting with all health care practitioners and students.
Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, August 3, 2020.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department Email to: email@example.com
Room 115-6, A.E. McKenzie Building 270 - 18th Street