Executive / senior industry position
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Packaging Line Mechanic to join our Production department on the afternoon shift.
The Packaging Line Mechanic provides technical support by maintaining, repairing, setting-up, performing machine adjustments of production equipment pertaining to the production of Taro drug products including but not limited to filling, packaging and compounding equipment and is responsible for the equipment performance of the production lines.
This opportunity is open to candidates in process of attaining an Industrial Millwright and / or Electrical License or working towards it.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Apply mechanical and electrical knowledge to perform maintenance related activities include but not limited to the set-up, changeover, operating, troubleshooting, repair of pharmaceutical packaging, compounding, and all supporting auxiliary equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and execute planned repair to improve equipment reliability and packaging efficiency. This includes but is not limited to ensuring all repairs are completed as per the appropriate equipment manuals without deviating from validated parameters. Must comply with safe lock-out procedures, impact assessments of any repair and repair work order documentation.
- Precision set up of printing and vision inspection system for serialization products.
- Follow defined process for MES and SAP.
- Develop and execute continuous improvement projects with a focus on improving safety, quality and efficiency
- Assist with the training of new hires (line service technicians, operators and mechanics).
- Provide training and guidance to line operators and line technicians ensuring the equipment is operated in a safe manner.
- Provide troubleshooting training to line service technicians and operators to minimize intermittent downtime.
- Assist with the design review and FAT for new equipment and upgrade legacy equipment.
- Execute Validation protocols.
- Monitor and advise management /mechanic lead hand regarding low stock for critical spare parts as well as consumable inventory items.
- Complete GMP documentation right first time in batch records and other relevant GMP documents
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Industrial Millwright and / or Electrical License is required combined with a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical, food and beverage or consumer goods packaging environment.
***This opportunity is open to candidates in process of attaining an Industrial Millwright and / or Electrical License or working towards it. A sliding salary scale will be applied for candidates without a license taking relevant experience into consideration.***
- Laminate and metal tube filling and cartonning experience preferred
- Excellent command of the English Language, strong written and oral communication skills with ability to interact with all shop floor employees on a daily basis
- Sound trouble shooting and root cause analysis skills
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, PLCs and electrical components
- Ability to read and analyze blue prints, drawings and technical manual
- Strong computer skills with ability to manage full cycle processing of work orders with in-house program
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Ability to analyze a situation and formulate a methodical approach to effectively correct and when appropriate, escalate the problem in order to prevent/reduce line downtime
- Flexibility to rotating shift work and occasional overtime
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Packaging Line Mechanic in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.