Employment Opportunity #182-19.20
The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Secretary PL5 with Institute of Biomedical Engineering. This is a full-time (36.25 hours per week) term position (leave replacement) until September 30, 2021 with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by both University Budget and external monies with a salary range of $21.64 - $25.60 per hour.
This position is responsible for coordinating the administrative, operational and technical duties at the Institute of Biomedical Engineering. The incumbent will act as the initial contact person for the Institute of Biomedical Engineering by providing accurate information to faculty, students, patients, and the general public on matters relating to the Institute, both academic and clinical.
- First point of contact for coordinating patient visits and welcoming them to the Institute. Assist in making sure patients have a welcoming experience at the clinic.
- Maintain office and clinic records, including clinic client database. Assist with paperwork, invoicing, shipping/receiving, and inventory in the clinic.
- Liaison with Stan Cassidy Centre medical secretaries.
- Act as the initial contact person for the Institute by providing accurate information to faculty, students, patients, and the general public on matters relating to the Institute, both academic and clinical.
- Coordinate interaction with UNBâs Office of Communications and with the media.
- Communicate with clinic patients and families to coordinate scheduling, provide status updates pertaining to their service, and any other need that facilitates their interaction with the clinic.
- Organize social and team building events, seminar series, and special functions.
- Coordinate outreach activities, including visits to the Institute (schools, Shad Valley, Worlds UNBound), and Institute involvement in the community.
- Coordinate special initiatives, such as the Myoelectric Controls Symposium, Visiting Speakers Series, visiting faculty, and students.
- Prepare and process staff change forms, purchase orders, cheque requisitions, travel advances, expense claims, transfers, external invoices, professional development allowances, bank deposits, and obtain quotations and completion of requests for purchase orders for various operation and research accounts.
- Assist with accounting services, ensuring all transactions are recorded by Financial Services.
- Coordinate with ITS and/or Facilities Management for any repairs or infrastructure issues.
- Operate and coordinate maintenance of office equipment and order office supplies when needed.
- Update and maintain webpages and social media.
- A university degree or a diploma in a relevant discipline. Previous experience, particularly working in an environment that utilizes electronic information systems.
- Willingness to assume new tasks in an active research and clinical environment.
- A positive, eager attitude that will bring energy to the Instituteâs activities.
- Knowledge of financial accounting software would be an asset, as would experience working with medical records.
- Fluency in French (spoken and written) would be an asset.
Closing date for applications is March 31, 2020 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.