Executive / senior industry position
About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
The Manufacturing Resource Planning Supervisor is accountable for the delivery of an executable Supply Plan that meets business objectives while maximizing production efficiency. The MRP Supervisor is responsible for the aggregate plan, covering each planner’s individual Supply Plans. They also gain agreement from key stakeholders on an achievable rough-cut capacity plan for all assigned manufacturing and packaging facilities. The role must provide leadership for the Planning and SCMP teams, providing direction and guidance as appropriate and in line with business objectives. It must also liaise with and drive the support teams to ensure the agreed upon plan has the full support of the business.
- The MRP Supervisor is responsible for all aspects, from creation to execution, of a balanced rough-cut capacity plan that adequately covers the 12-month production plan for their assigned manufacturing site(s).
- Accountable to deliver a production plan that meets customer service targets, new product launch and re-launch timelines, product development needs, and operational objectives.
- Accountable for key business metrics, including but not exclusive to, line fill rate, back order dollars, inventory targets.
- Accountable to ensure SCMP projects are in line with and support the overall business plan as described above, also driving change and improvement as appropriate to support further growth of the business.
- Responsible for development of supply scenarios and sensitivity analysis (risk) with recommendations to be used in the development of supply strategies.
- The MRP Supervisor must regularly liaise with the Planners, Project Managers, Schedulers (and other areas as appropriate) on the medium range Production Plan and open projects related to any contentious supply issues. They must ensure a smooth workflow of orders through Operations paying particular concern to inventory levels, plant efficiencies, and customer service.
- The MRP Supervisor must ensure that the planning team is keeping all the applicable master data accurate, performing audits of master data, as appropriate.
- The MRP Supervisor will supervise and provide direction to the planning and project management teams.
- The MRP Supervisor will liaise regularly as key supply contact with many groups, such as the Demand Planning group.
- Community College or University graduate in appropriate discipline.
- Minimum four years’ experience in Supply Planning.
- APICS certified or actively working towards
- Knowledge of operational supply chain processes including the flow of materials and information
- Demonstrated leadership skills and supervisory experience
- Ability to perform situational root cause analysis and implement permanent corrective action
- Experience with ERP concepts and application, emphasis in SAP an asset.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, short lead-times and adjust priorities in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently or within an integrated team environment
- Customer focused, drive for results
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Ability to effectively lead a team
- Independent worker with the ability to drive results without detailed direction
- Independent decision making ability
We have adapted our recruitment strategy to ensure our staff and applicants are safe by conducting our interviews and onboarding online.
Other measures Apotex has put into place include (but are not limited to):
- staggering employee shifts to reduce the size of work groups
- modifying our cafeteria space to enhance social distancing, the implementation of additional cleaning and sanitization routines
- robust self-assessment and screening tools
- non-surgical masks for employees working in GMP areas
- travel restrictions
- work-from-home policy for all employees who can perform their roles remotely
- strict visitor screening protocol
It is important to note that while these are our protocols at this time, they are subject to change based on guidelines and regulations put in place by local and global government agencies.
For up-to-date information about Apotex’s ongoing efforts in response to COVID-19, visit: https://www1.apotex.com/global/covid-19-update or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.