Research assistant / technician
- Collect, compile and present comprehensive reports for research conducted and suggested policy;
- Recruit for and conduct focus groups and interviews with community members on specific health issues;
- Draft articles, reports and presentations regarding research findings;
- Manage the presentation of research and analysis of a broad range of health and wellness issues in order to assist in identifying their implications;
- Responsible for conducting literature reviews in support of projects;
- Analyze interviews for core content and themes relating to the intended and other outcomes of the study;
- Assist in developing communication strategies for the department, including appropriate media and other methods while collaborating with the Communications Department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two years’ experience with quantitative/qualitative and community-based research methods;
- Two years’ experience in project management;
- Experience in health research project coordination;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset;
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
Room 115-6, A.E. McKenzie Building 270 - 18th Street