Practitioner / consultant
Local Unit & Position Description
Our world is changing its energy mix. How would you like to be part of it?DNV GL – Energy’s group is making exciting investments in energy storage and is growing its storage team in 2020. For this reason, our group is seeking a qualified Energy Storage Consultant.The energy storage markets are growing faster than anyone has predicted; at DNV GL we are committed to supporting this growth with the best expertise, advise and data on the planet!
Local Unit & Position DescriptionThe Energy Storage Consultant will be part of DNV GL’s Energy Storage Advisory team and will be focused on energy storage technology evaluation, analytics, project assessment, and business model consulting to project developers, utilities and investors. The Consultant will work across utility scale, commercial and industrial (C&I) and residential markets for energy storage systems, renewable plus storage systems, microgrids and distributed energy resources.
The Energy Storage Consultant will use energy system modeling, operations research, and predictive analytics to develop decision metrics for energy storage systems performance and valuation. This position will include responsibility for project leadership, inter-disciplinary business support and business development. This position will be key in growing DNV GL’s Energy Storage Advisory practice offering innovative solutions in storage systems, hybrid renewable plus storage systems and the future of the electrical distribution system.
Broad knowledge of the electric industry is required including market and technology trends and, awareness of regulatory proceedings and policies at both the state and national level. The Consultant will ideally be based in our Montreal or Toronto Canada office. However, other office locations or work from home can be considered as well.
- Meeting key performance indicators individually and for the group
- Daily interaction with customers in person or via phone or video
- Analyzing and interpreting technical data and documents
- Summarizing key results, and communicating and reporting these results in verbal and written form
- Leading or assisting staff in the development of new business and projects
- Presenting or aiding in the development of presentation materials for conferences and workshops
- Leading or assisting in the development of new proposals for advisory or testing work
- Provide input on strategic planning and marketing decisions
- Lead a team to deliver high-quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline is required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in batteries or energy storage (internships and graduate level research considered)
- Familiarity with the engineering and operation of energy storage systems.
- Familiarity with bulk power systems, power system modeling – power flows, unit commitment and economic dispatch.
- Familiarity with financial pro-forma analysis.
- Candidates can have any or all of the following skillsets:
- Capability to model or simulate energy storage operations
- Experience in battery testing or battery safety
- Experience with energy storage hardware
- Experience with data analytics related to the operation and maintenance of energy systems
- Strong skills in engineering modeling and statistical modeling software including one or more of the following software platforms:
- Strong ability to work in and contribute to project team(s)
- Business development or involvement in industry groups or committees is desired
- Interpersonal skills, customer interaction, and solid speaking and presentation skills
- An eye for detail and desire to deliver a quality work product
- Comfort with equipment common to the energy industry
- Comfort with interpreting, analyzing, and synthesizing data
- Maintain a customer-focused, consultative approach to projects and customer needs
- Work within expected deadlines, while being adaptive to changing scope or customer needs
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time (domestic)
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Share on your newsfeed