Researcher / analyst
Chemist, Dissolution Development (Contract)
Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
With minimum guidance of Manager, Dissolution Development, responsible for managing the individual project and performing all activities such as pH solubility tests, in-vitro dissolution evaluations of drug products, to support dissolution research and development for new products.
- Performs tests to determine physicochemical properties of the drug substance such as pH solubility and partition coefficient.
- Perform dissolution tests on trial formulations and reference drug product.
- Performs in-vitro evaluation of the reference drug product to establish performance requirements indicative of the product in-vivo performance.
- Performs method development of dissolution and drug release for drug products.
- Documents and interprets all tests, calculations and observations and completes report summaries.
- Demonstrates corporate values in the performance of the work and interactions with others.
- Performs additional related duties, as assigned, in accordance with job responsibilities and necessary departmental objectives.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Recognized post-secondary education in analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field.
- BSc with 5 years or MSc with 3 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical lab in an R&D environment.
- Knowledge of chromatographic method development, wet chemistry, analytical bench techniques, Window-based software.
- Experience in automated and manual dissolution tests.
- Knowledge of automated data acquisition systems is an asset.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.